About Dr. Saji D’Souza - BAMS, MD (AM), FRHS, (MS), (AYU)
Chairman & Managing Director, KSAC HOSPITALS
A pioneering physician, Dr. Saji D’Souza is widely respected for his contributions to healthcare—Ayurvedic medicine in particular. A distinguished spine specialist, Dr. D’Souza was amongst the first who proved scientifically that Cervical and Lumbar Spondylosis can be cured with natural therapies without surgical intervention. He is a health columnist for the Deccan Chronicle, The Hindu, The Times of India, Indian Express, Swathi Magazine, Vaartha, and Eenadu etc.
Dr. D’Souza received a BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) degree from the Government Ayurveda College, Thiruvananthapuram. He followed this up with an MD in Alternative Medicine (AM) and a Fellowship in Rural Health Society (FRHS) approved by Alma Atta (Russia) under the UN Peace Foundation. He also holds a MS (Ayu) from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. In recognition of his contributions to Ayurvedic Medicine, he won many awards including the following:
- Shatabdi Award – Excellence in Ayurvedic Medicine by Sri. C. N. Gopinath Reddy, IPS, IG of Police Andhra Pradesh.
- Vaidya Ratnam – The best Ayurvedic Doctor of AP from Sri Teegala Krishna Reddy, Mayor of Hyderabad.
- Rajiv Gandhi Excellence National Award from Smt. Mottamma Minister for Women and Child Welfare Govt. of Karnataka at Bengaluru.
- Arch of Excellence (Medicare) National Award from Sri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, the then Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting at New Delhi.
- Gem of India (National Award) from All India Achiever’s Conference at New Delhi.
- Indira Gandhi Excellence Award (International Award) from Sri B Rachiah, then Governor of Assam and Kerala.
- Hind Ratan Award—2006: For excellence in Ayurvedic Medicine from Shri Mohammed Ali Shabber—Honorable Minister for Information & Public Relations, Govt. of A.P.
- Garshom Yuva Pravasi Award (a prestigious award for special achievements of a non-resident Keralite throughout the globe.
- Best Ayurvedic Doctor of A.P—2009 Award
- Excellence Award from the late YS Rajasekhar Reddy, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh in 2010
Dr. D’Souza was selected and appointed by the Government of Andhra Pradesh to present a paper on Ayurveda & Health Tourism before 150 countries in Dubai, Sharjah & England.
Dr. D’Souza’s work has been covered extensively by the media including Deccan Chronicle, Times Of India, Eenadu, Andhra Jyothi, The Hindu, Indian Express, Vartha, Hindi Milap, Siasat, TV9, ETV, Gemini, Teja, TV5 ,C Channel, MAA TV, Udaya TV, Janasri and Suvarna TV.
- Dr. Saji D’Souza is the Specialist Ayurvedic Health Consultant for Indian Airlines (now Air India).
- Govt. of Andhra Pradesh (Dept. of Tourism) recognized M/s Kerala Sanjeevani Ayurvedic Centre as Health Tourism Partners and as the authorized health service providers for all foreign delegates.
- Empanelled Ayurvedic Physician of Administrative Staff College of India.
- Appointed as the honorary member of Department of Ayush, Government of Andhra Pradesh by the Ministry of Health to curb malpractices in Ayurveda.
- Member of the Expert Panel Committee (EPC) of Department of Ayush, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Appointed as Ayurvedic Health Consultant for IAS Officers Association of India, A.P. Branch.
- Appointed as a member of the Law making body for Ayurveda by the Government of Andhra Pradesh